1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. This is a passable Cocteau Twins (tribute?):

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good old Prodigy...Fat of the Land :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. pleased you like it, from Russia, listen to tracks "UMI" "Holy Forest" & "Metamorphosis wish my PC speakers were better quality. (6 Music Radio have been playing them) Also seek out Manon Meurt from CZ

4. old school Korn now :upyeah:

5. Cocteau etc - dubbed "shoegaze" (later nu-gaze) but more like audible serotonin to the right person : )

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks Chris, that's a new one for me!

7. I once listened to an album of Frippertronics that my brother had on a cassette tape when I was very stoned.
    It was astonishing. I don't know which album it was, nor have I heard it since. But I suspect that weed might be essential to the whole experience.
    Fripp is something of a genius though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. They are playing at Bognor Butlins indie music weekend a few of us are going to in Oct. Bout 50 bands with johnny marr, spiritualized and echo and bunnymen headlining. Been checking out some of the bands on youtube and pinkshiny are on the try to see list.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Hanging on a string (loose ends)

10. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. funny, yes, although I can't claim to understand a lot of it, perhaps one needs the weed to fully grasp his genius.

12. wow! looks like a great line up, have fun, let us know who you rate etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I would be very interested in hearing Cult of Dom Keller live.
    Spiritualized might be fun, too.

14. One minute silence

15. Yes Loz we have Cult of Dom Keller and Spiritualized on watch list. I think there's at least 4 stages so probably miss a few good bands. Top scorers are Band of Holy Joy and Monochrome Set plus Jaguar Club, Furs,Lola Colt and Whyte Horses look good. Never been to Butlins so not quite sure how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I may try to sneak into Butlins when they open the gates to allow the ambulances out - I think they do this every half-hour.

:Jawdrop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. So theres gonna be casualties. I can see it getting a bit messy. Hopefully not too much chaos, we have WaGs with us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. blimey! (are we allowed to say fit these days?) but anyway thank you and yes I agree, honestly don't think I'm qualified, I wouldn't know where to start, there's so much to choose from that's why I never go to festival type gigs anymore, like joining the wrong queue, I'm your man, or pulling the only dud match from a full box, I'm there.

(BLOODY BROADBAND!!)

what I was going on to say was, I'd probably play safe and watch the headliners and have an ok time then afterwards just hear nothing but how good all the new stuff was.

#3979 WAH900ss, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  19. Tom Waits - raindogs and swordfishtrombones

Do Not Sell My Personal Information