1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

• Like Like x 2

1. bit of lizzy?

#1302 kev cornwall, May 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  2. Please don't get me started on Todd Rundgren! Seeing him next month in London. :upyeah:

3. somehow I knew this.... ^

saw him also in London but 35 odd years ago at 'The Venue'

would probably also have gone had I known - hope you enjoy. a quote for you :-

"That was still within the window of my psychedelic era – the thing about psychedelic drugs is they don't always wear off. At least in my case, they didn't. Every once in a while I took a trip and never came back. I'd be like, "Whoops! Mismanaged my dosage."

#1305 Chris, May 15, 2013
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Saw him in London a fair few years ago in Ringo Star's All-Starr Band. I received a sort of rebuke from Joe Walsh for cheering Todd too much (and getting a crowd of girls going at it too). Heh. Also on stage was Nils Lofgren, Dave Edmonds, Timmy Capello, some guy called Ringo ... great gig, we went nuts.

Saw Todd again in 2010 on his Wizard tour, the whole of AWATS performed live. Bucket list moment for me.

Next month he is promoting his latest, State, which like most other albums of his, didn't grab me at first. It's growing on me though, like they do.

5. Whitesnake , journey, and thunder in prep for next week in Sheffield .........

6. Ha, Laura Nyro.
    I have precisely one song of hers, Gibsom Street, which is a cracker and is a sound Todd did copy. He even wrote a song about her.

I'll try the album you linked for size in a bit :upyeah:

Wait. Twenty-one years ago? Don't be daft! :eek::tongue:

7. I'm still trying to take in the 35 years bit.. I saw the 'girl' I took to see him a month ago - I kept the (torn in half) ticket - they spelt surname 'Rundrem' (Richard Branson huh :rolleyes:)

yes - hugely influenced by Laura read 'infatuated' when he was younger. I didn't even realise she had passed.. best get on and enjoy ourselves a?

8. I remember hearing Laura was gone and felt sad. Hell of a legacy, though.

The Eli album is up at the moment, it's pretty damned good. She's on the shortlist now.

So much music ... so little time. Hold on. Thirty-five years? Around the time of the Knebworth concert I wasn't allowed to attend. Damn it!

9. my 14 year old is making me take her to see pierce the feil friday at ko ko in camden some yank grunge band think my earplugs will come in handy
    i saw many a punk concert when is was a teen so might have flash backs :upyeah:

10. Still go to occasional punk gig/reunion, seeing bands I missed first time round mainly. Saw Spizz Energi last month(supporting Rezillos). Great night, highly entertaining band. The crowd including us was 50ish and lively with some great hair strutting around amongst us baldies.

#1313 900streetfighter, May 15, 2013
  11. I have just spent the evening listening to live music - the fabulous Nerina Pallot at the Minack Theater in Cornwall. A truly talented singer and a brilliant lyricist - and the weather stayed nice too... :)

• Like Like x 1
    #1316 El Toro, May 17, 2013
  13. Suede's 1st Album. They're playing Cliffs Pavilion Southend in October. Suede - Animal Nitrate - YouTube They brought back guitar music to the masses and laid the foundations for Britpop, for better or worse. I thought the band were a bit poncy but liked the music even though the lyrics are very gay.

• Like Like x 1
    #1319 El Toro, May 19, 2013
    #1320 El Toro, May 19, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information