1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What music are you listening to ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Imola, May 26, 2012.

1. stone temple pilots. spotify

2. Chicago. 25 or 6 to 4.

3. "Waiting for the break of day.............."

I was just listening to Stone Free....Hendrix.

4. Neil Young: Ragged Glory album.
    Nice.

5. My ears ringing, Steve Fulsham band, classic blues rock inc Hendrix, Zep et al plus a few pints.

OGR

6. Saw him at O2 earlier this year. He re created the Live Rust tour with giant amps and 20' mic stand, with mad professors running round the stage pre gig checking and discussing things and supervising the covers being raised of the amps. All very entertaining I thought but the music and the atmosphere were a bit lacking . N.Y didn't make an entrance, he was there wandering round with the prof's and plugged in and started playing, so it started a bit flat, no big cheer etc. and never really got going. He played a fair bit of new stuff which was a bit lost on the mainly male 40+ audience and did a 10 minute feedback fallout thing with a bit of theatrics involving a woman and storm type sequence. A bit of 'no rain,no rain' Woodstock chant, again Live Rust revisited. He got down with Crazy Horse and rocked out and his voice is still great but even he said just before the encore 'tonight we sucked'.
    Recommend Prairie Wind, his best recent album imho from about 2005. Get the dvd version if you can. The studio film of recording the album is inspiring.

#1766 900streetfighter, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I find Tom Petty a little hit and miss, but when he hits it, it's 5* all the way (that includes Free Fallin').

NP:

#1768 Loz, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
  8. Did anyone hear Queens of the Stoneage singing Sat by the Ocean in the radio one live lounge last week? Not heard the group before but it was brilliant, especially the opening guitar riff.

9. I'm not listening to any music. I'm watching X Factor :frown:

10. What a beautiful voice Abby has touched my heart :)

11. Was that the bird with the flowers in her hair and the specs?

Of course she's good. She from near Middlesbrough like James Arthur was :wink:

Ask me where I'm from? :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Talk Talk. It's my Life.

13. The Doors. Light my Fire.

• Like Like x 1
  14. No Doubt. Don't Speak.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information