1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Snow Foam Do You Use

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by West Cork Paul, Mar 5, 2024.

1. I went to Halfords and bought 5 litres of Autoglym polar blast a gun which attaches to the power hose lance and a bottle of polar seal
    IMG_4282.jpeg
    Car looks lovely and my hands smell fresh
    Thanks @West Cork Paul for the thread start.

#21 Carr01, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Will the foam wash off in the rain?

• Funny Funny x 4
  3. What rain?

#23 Carr01, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
  4. With that finish I’ll keep my van dirty…..:confused:

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. I've tried loads of snow foams and one of the best I've found is a Halfords own brand. You have to dilute it, but my 2.5l bottle is lasting for ages and it doesn't appear to affect the polished areas. Great value, too. My recommendation is to get a really good quality snow foam gun, though. None of the cheap stuff off Amazon...spend at least £30-£40. Just my tuppence worth. :)

6. When my dealer saw the bike, that's exactly what he said. Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Halfords blurb says it's ph-neutral and £11 for 2.5litres:upyeah: Now, where's that old discount card...

• Like Like x 1
  8. ....they have a 3for2 offer + Motoring Club discount of £5, total for 7.5litres: £17! :astonished:
    Good price on AutoGlym Polar Blast with Trade Account discount as well ;-)

9. If it is on 3 for 2, trade card discount won't be applicable

10. Isn’t the trade card and motoring discount club a separate discount card though?

11. pretty sure it's the same thing/same discount.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not sure, as with the trade card certain items aren’t discounted on the trade discount card but may well be on the club card.

13. Yes....works out cheaper than trade discount if you also have the Motoring Club account. I have both, at checkout you can switch between the two to see which is best deal ;-)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Does using snow foam and then rinse replace the handwashing with a bucket, sponge and carwash, or is it just another step added along the way?

15. My understanding is it’s a pre clean to remove the larger more aggressive particles that scratch the living chite out of paintwork.

My lad ckeaned his daily ride Saturday and finished his bike off with a sponge and then WD40 after it had dried.

16. The Trade Card is a completely different discount scheme to the motoring club card (either of them)

Trade card generally gives much better discount than motoring club, although, there are certain things that it won't work with, such as electronic items

17. ....Motoring Club offers are often better than Trade Card discount.
    As I said above sign up for both then at the checkout you can switch between the two accounts (there's a link provided....switch to...) and choose the best price.
    Earlier I placed two orders, some products on Trade Card and then some on Motoring Club so as to get the best overall price ;-)
    Play the system ;-)

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. It's supposed to get the worst of the dirt off so you don't scratch when using 2 bucket method

• Like Like x 1
  19. To anyone saying that the Auto Glym snow foam just falls off, you've watered it down too much. I dilute mine 50/50, and it sticks to the bike/ car like shit to a blanket!

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information