1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 What Touring Jacket / Trousers Combo?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rgvdave, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Some is D-Dry, but their higher end models are Goretex.

2. Best time is to negotiate at the NEC or London Excel shows. Wolverhampton Dainese have a big presence at the NEC and bring a huge range of stock of every model in every size to try on before you buy. I saved £400 with them on a brand new D-Explorer suit with full warranty which is great coming from the official Dainese UK supplier.

The Carve is very popular but lacks ventilation in hot climes.

3. OK may hold on until the show and I can try on as well.
    Was thinking of riding down for the first time (that was based on having good gear mind!, so cold down and hopefully toasty back).

4. Had a Dane Gortex Laminate (no drop liner) for 5 years and it did very well, never leaked. Bit short in the arm though. Now have Rev'it Poseidon (laminate) had has held up very well. Also saved my ass (literally) on my 75MPH climb off

• Like Like x 1
  5. RST Ventilator kit is really good. Depends where you are going but I have used it into Spain, Italy, Croatia etc. You are never going to be cool in temps north of, say, 32 degrees but at least the Ventilator gear allows air to move past your skin whilst still giving high protection. My girlfriend took a tumble on some gravel last year and the kit is unscathed - as is she. With the membrane in it is pretty waterproof - certainly windproof. And with the quilted liners (a bit bulky tbh) they are toasty warm in really cold weather. I usually leave the quilted at home and layer up beneath the membrane. I carry a one-piece rain suit for if it really pisses. Easy to carry and only really needed for emergencies. I have never got wet to the skin despite some epic 450 mile rides in really heavy rain in Spain and northern France. RST is really well priced too. Highly recommended :)

6. Dainese Carve master is the jacket I have, really really comfortable as its stretch material. Great piece of kit.

Wait for the show! You'll pay the same price as D-dry but you'll get full Gortex!

7. Hiya Dave,

Just used the Dainese size guides to be fair and fit is spot on.

Haven't seen Rich in a while now, but have spoken through Facebook a few times, didn't realise he was still doing track days?

I've had, what seems like, an extended lay off period, but always wanted a Multi, so thought F### it, and jumped straight in with the DVT, always loved Dukes, and the Multi suits my needs at the mo.

I'd love to get back on track, but with house move immanent, it was the Multi, or track, couldn't do both, but maybe a little trials bike for the winter.....:)

Have a good trip mate, and keep it rubber side down.

Steve

8. In fairness the last couple of years we have had one euro trip a year (Portimao 2 years ago then Brno last year) using road bikes, but now I have the CBR I aim to get a few in next year as well.

Will say Hello to Richy for you.

David

9. I like the Wolf Titanium textiles, kept me dry in some serious rain and keeps me warm in the cold too, and its British, not that expensive either compared to some.

10. I didnt know Wolf was a British make.

11. Motorcycle Textiles | wolf-moto.com
    I have used WOLF for years, crash tested a set of their leather trousers and barely a mark on them, after that went to textile and used ever since.

12. OK interesting, do you have any idea if they have good representation at the NEC show? then I can do a comparison.

David

13. Sorry David, no idea, drop them an email from the website, they might be able to give you better info

14. Hi David,

Just checked the list of exhibitors for NEC and they aren't on it mate.
    Look good jackets though, may be tempted myself, as long as you like black!!
    Neil.

15. Is it any better than the 2015 DVT?!

• Like Like x 1
  16. What size are you Dave I have a set of Wolf Titanium textiles used twice! I could be persuaded to part with them for a reasonable price, still have all the labels and spare poppers for them.

#36 rotaxracer, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  17. have a look at the wolf gear it fits so so well!

18. Quite like the look of the dainese ' sandstorm ' goretex jacket, does anyone know if this will zip together with DDry trousers ? Theoretically so as they are both dainese but want to check first.

19. Hi, not really sure on the official sizing guide type stuff, but I am 6ft 3" an 14ish stone..

If you are there abouts I could get to look at the wolf sizing guide properly and we could take it from there.

David

20. I've got Hein Gerik stuff and it seems to do the job perfectly. Goretex and zips to the trousers. Jacket liner comes out so I can use it when it gets warmer, has vents too. Pockets are very secure, zips and Velcro fold top.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information