1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Van?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by RC1, Jul 6, 2024.

1. cheers love... no worries. note that you have the LWB whereas the one for sale is MWB but should be fine for my needs

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah that was my older 113 which is the same model as the one you posted which in all honestly is more comfortable then my newer 114. Drives better too even with the extra miles and no need to faff about with add blu.

3. I don't own a van but I did rent a VW Transporter to take my bike down to Italy for WDW2024 a week ago. 2100 miles there and back. Have to say a very comfortable ride and very easy to drive. My only gripe would be that I am not convinced I could have gotten both bikes in there (my V4 and a Monster) as I did with the Ford Transit I used 8 years ago to do the same trip, as the VW seems somewhat narrower internally.

4. I used one to collect my 999 and i wouldn't have been able to get another alongside

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. SWB transporter with 2 superbikes in and two riders kit and overnight bags is pretty full. A LWB is a pain on a day to day basis but for riding you can get nearly a pair of spare wheels and tires flat behind the bikes and have that extra 2ft of load space which makes a big difference

6. Thread resurrection…

I find myself looking at vans again… I’m a Vito man but I must admit, those Transporters look great! Especially the Sportline Black Edition. But I see the 6.1 is now discontinued and replaced with the 7. And it looks comparatively wank to the 6 and is basically a Ford… What to do? And ferk me, they ain’t cheap! Is sticking with the latest Vito a better option?

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. do you really want to be a VW camper van man?

8. im sticking to the vito so i can feel superior being a ducati owner thats important to me of course

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Camper van? Fuck no! There are perfectly good hotels for camping in.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Fair point.

11. except you are driving a van which is well known to be a Renault Traffic with a Merc badge on the front

I think for anyone looking at Tranny’s, research the wet cambelt thing, it’s becoming quite the story in the Ford world….

ref Transporters, they have a very slightly smaller load area than the transit but only by a little bit. And I think are nicer to drive than the transit stuff.

Transporter T7 is the shared platform with Ford, the T6.1 is the last VW so worth looking at if you want that VW thing

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  12. yeah that’s spenny!!! It’s the very last, top of the range with every single option ticked by the looks of things, but still that’s a lot.

that said, dealers are wanting £30k for 5 year old ones, so…

13. I got a brand new Vito 119cdi (L2) in 2019 for £26k. I know prices went a bit daft shortly after but that’s nuts… Even an equivalent Vito today will be double what I paid in 2019…

I’d probably get strong money in a part ex but there’s no getting away from the astronomical increase…

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. i just got the Mrs a T6.1 21kmls for 18k+vat. feels brand new and is in near perfect condition. spend several grand making it look like the sportline.
    she loves it. quality sterio with good revers sensors. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. id go viano, removable seats ect, im looking at changing my van for one, can get rid of the van and car then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  16. I paid £8.5K for a transporter 8 years ago, spent 2K on painting bumpers, spoiler, set of nice wheels, decent stereo, remap. All of the engines are software detuned so easy to up spec. Have been offered well in excess to sell it on numerous occasions but she's a keeper, never misses a beat, can easily take 3 enduro bikes & kit, or a bike and a bed, all my work gear etc. I don't wave at other transporter owners.

17. T6 Kombi, paid silly money for it right after lockdown, they aren’t as much now but are still a lot. Mines kitted out like a day van so insulated etc, and takes literally 5 mins to quick release the seats out and it’s camping/trackday ready

IMG_2294.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. That’s a useful picture. If needs be you can shove your bike and kit to one side and kip in the van…

I’ll shortly be heading to Spain and Portugal so such a scenario may present itself… :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information