1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was YOUR 1st Ducati?? Any pic's?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by addicted.to.DUCATI, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ??

2. This is a rare one, 500?, which year?

• Like Like x 1

3. Sorry, stupid S3 phone!

• Like Like x 1
  4. It seemed like yesterday. But my shrubbery has grown a bit :eek:

sps7.jpg

SL382387.JPG

sps7.jpg

SL382387.JPG

#45 Robarano, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  5. My first Ducati got it from Jim Stock RIP at slingshot racing 10 years ago I still have most of it.
    Picture 019.jpg

Picture 019.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. LOve that you haven't taken the labels of the tyres of the 1098s. Apart from the cans the pegs, looks pretty standard, and rather nice if I may say so :upyeah:

7. Thanks Matt.

I haven't taken them off because I've just had the tyres fitted to sell it, hence all of the sopay gunge on them. I think my old, worn rear tyre had more tread on it than a new Supersorsa BSB though :biggrin:

Termi's, Slipper clutch and a few bits of Gilles bling. Apart from that, it's pretty standard.

I do still yearn for the 916 though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 020.jpg

Had it new March 1998 , still got it :smile: ...

020.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  9. Bikers Coffee Break 04.jpg
    My 996 out playing in Wales. What an introduction to Ducati (me being a 2-stroke man at heart). This was my 1st Italian bike since my Gilera 50cc Trials moped.

Bikers Coffee Break 04.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. This...

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. yes kind sir it definatly is a 500
    year is around 1978
    although its not as it should be as it has been messed around with a bit
    wrong bars for a start and wrong engine it has I think a gtl/v non desmo engine fitted
    it should look like this one day should be not far off lol

25044355.jpg

25044355.jpg

12. These are going cheap in Oz now and seriously thinking of buying one. Opinion?

• Like Like x 1
  13. i had one of these and in hind sight I should have burnt it.

14. Yes of course it's me. Racing my 750SS bevel in about 1976. Possibly at Cadwell??? Wearing Ray Pickrell's works Triumph white leathers.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Easy... Yes... But be careful of rockers, mine was a 748E which was the base model, replaced the beposto, the rear shock was Sachs I think and the steering angle was non adjustable (whoopdy doo basil!)

16. I was born in 1976....just thought I'd mention that :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  17. A 2002 998s mono. Pics of her in biposto mode are on my profile page (can't seem to cut and paste from there, and can't find any on the phone or iPad).

Had her since March 2009, and don't intend getting rid.

Here's a pic of the live feed to the starter motor...
    [​IMG]
    Before I did a clean up and upgrade.

18. Woooo! My first Ducati was also an SS 400, same red with the half fairing. Put the 540cc cylinder kit on it. Loved that bike. Picture to come when I can find some.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information