1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Would You Like To See On The 2017 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by harryweld, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Not that I'm biased or anything :rolleyes: but try an MV Turismo Veloce, lighter, has a quick shifter/auto blipper and is a 'hoot' to ride. Has all the toys that the MTS has, something of a different engine character though.

2. A streetfighter doesn't have wind protection ( even with an add on screen, it is not decent). The steering angle is so small you can't u-turn in small to medium roads. The riding stance is forward and not very comfortable.
    A comfy bike like the multi could have Pani genes for those of us that need the visibility of a supermotard and the wind protection of a GS. Just wishful thinking (dreams are free, right?)

3. Launch control.

4. I intend to. I was really taken by the MV at the NEC last year.

5. Faultless ownership!! Would be nice

6. 1) Reliability
    2) A return to the aesthetics of the 2010-13 MS
    3) De-link the engine power mode from the suspension mode and make the suspension mode changeable at any speed
    4) A comfier default touring setting
    5) A bigger tank
    6) Better weather protection
    7) Shaft drive
    8) A chassis made of composites
    9) Separate road and off-road versions
    10) Sub £16k price tag (yeah, right)

7. Fold out step ladders would be good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Problem is if Ducati did produce the Mutley we all seem to want what will we use this Forum for?!

Took the Deep Vein Throm. (DVT) Mutley out on Saturday and was not impressed at all. Much preferred my 11 plate-1200S Touring. Did like the Mutley Enduro though.
    Fix the quality of finish/parts and spend less time&money on things like leaning lights and IMU's etc etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Simple, just make it the premium bike you portray it to be. When the paint flakes and the bolts/chain rust after 2 minutes, it's not premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. 1. lower centre of gravity
    2. a real centre stand, not meccano
    3. sex up the rear view - hugger is ugly as sin
    4. tank protector as standard
    5. a "lazy sunday" setting
    6. is there a black version as for the Monster?

11. I will add to mine not to burn Oil :(

12. Interesting: my '10 simply doesn't use oil: I had to top it up once during running in, but never since… …uses less than any of my other Ducatis

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. It seems that not all ducs gulp the same amount of oil. A little is better than none since we are talking about high stress high power engines

14. It seems that not all ducs gulp the same amount of oil. A little is better than none since we are talking about high stress high power engines

15. VAG will eventually make them take the road of reliable vehicles. My bet is on how long it will take. I am helping them in any way I can. Pointing out things customers or future customers want is very useful for a manufacturer. Unless your company's name is Harley.

16. I think the older mine included 2013 MS did not burn oil, but a few DVT's do, seems to be the Motorway runs that it burns

17. A working back brake, with sensible lever travel
    Better, sports bike comparable front brakes
    Fix the heated grips
    Add an accessory connector in a sensible place for pillion use (plugging in heated clothing etc)
    Optional heated seats
    Tuck the centre stand in / up, so it doesn't touch down so much when loaded and 2 up
    Remove / reduce the wind turbulence by fitting a decent screen
    Better quality chain and fasteners
    Central locking for panniers & top box
    Handlebar control for satnav (one like the GS would be great)

An option of bigger tank,, or to fit the enduro one to the sport
    Better way of adjusting seat height without the plastic spacing bits that look crap
    An economy mode as Pete suggested would be great

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Tank range as per the enduro model.
    Proper sat nav integration/mounting with handlebar controls like the Beemer squad have.
    Fuel saver power mode to eek out extra milage when the next refuel station is some way off.
    Automation of all luggage and tank locks as standard.
    Non rusting chain.

Actually everything John W said:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  19. I disagree on this mate. We rode together with 2010-2014 mutleys and there're no match to the DVT no matter what the conditions, we tried all sorts of roads, starts, top speed etc, they're behind the DVT in everything. To add on all this I think they also lack the finese of the DVT but they look definitely better than the GS or XR and the KTMs which I think are the ugliest bikes in the whole category.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I would agree that the DVT is more refined, if that is what you mean, but it has also lost some character. Both are great bikes and it is almost impossible to use any of them to their true potential on the road, so I think "no match" is a bit of an overstatement. If I didn't have a 2012 S, would I buy a DVT ?, absolutely I would, but I don't feel inclined to trade my 2012 in for a DVT anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information