1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT What Would You Like To See On The 2017 Multistrada

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by harryweld, Apr 30, 2016.

1. No match is an overstatement as much as that the greatest Multistadas are behind. I can understand you may don't want to upgrade to DVT although trading a 3y old bike to a newer one is good timing investment wise.

2. Bikes are rarely an "investment", and I never "upgrade" to anything, I buy what is appropriate to my needs and desires. I am sure that my local Ducati dealer would love me to buy a new Multistrada every couple of years, preferably on a PCP, but that is not what I do.

My Multi is 4 years old now, it has been through the steepest part of the depreciation curve and, as long as it remains reasonably reliable, it is currently at the most economical period of it's life.

It is still a fantastic bike, as is the DVT.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I can not argue with that statement johnv.

4. John, that's exactly my sentiment with regards to biking. If we all go the PCP route and chop our bikes in every 3 years, Ducati will never sort their longevity issues out. So what if it's got a shit finish, only got to last 3 years and then the finance company take the hit trying to sell it 2nd hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Indeed, but I can't see the finance company losing out in the long term.
    We Brits are obsessed with having the latest and greatest, even when we really can't afford it.

One of my idiot nephews bought a new Audi A3 on a PCP with low monthly repayments, now it is due to go back but with higher miles than contracted for. He will be lucky to be able to afford bus fares afterwards.

6. Wouldn't be surprised if the enduro was introduced so the 1200/S/PP can be discontinued to be replaced by a sports tourer to go up against the Super Duke GT.

7. And some nutcase I know spend £20k plus on a bloody Vauxhall Adam. Salesman sold her the top spec with every extra and she's done her 3 year mileage in the first year. Needless to say she walked in with two equally clueless girlfriends and the salesman was laughing.

8. In no particular order.
    Shaft or belt drive
    Bigger tank - extra 5 litres
    Better front and rear brakes
    Improved windscreen - less wind buffeting/noise
    An ignition key - not keyless
    Choice of the colour Black as an option
    Quickshifter/auotblip

Most of the above is following a weekend in Snowdonia on a 2011 1200S after much stirring of the 'box' to keep it smooth after being sat behind endless traffic wrecking some fantastic roads. Bloody cars!

9. This is what I'm hoping for. A full fairing, comfortable sports tourer with the bigger DVT motor from the Diavel X

10. Having had a real good look over a new S, I think the rear power and usb sockets are great, and being under the seat is okay compared to where they used to be. I would still like an external one though.
    Also add to my wish list, the storage area making bigger again since its shrunk. I can't fit my toolkit, puncture repair kit and compressor on the new one :angry:

11. Maybe ou could git an ob as head of quality contril

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Enduro with heated mirrors elements & side-impact mirror warning icons.

13. Cup/flask holders?

14. I would like to see a gearbox of equivalent quality to the one on the S1000XR. Having test rdiden a S1000XR earlier in the year, it is light years ahead of the MTS gearbox.
    I think the gearbox really is the dirty little secret of the MTS, and it is really the only problem I have after having ridden 16,500 miles on my 2012 bike.

I focus on the gearbox because I the MTS is a sports bike to me and so I want to make quick gear changes. I find the only certain way to avoid false neutrals, is to make slow gear changes. Because I tear arse everywhere I just can't get into the habit of making slow gear changes and so I keep getting false neutrals, most often when overtaking, and loosing drive mid overtake (facing oncoming traffic) can be dangerous.

Reliability has been 100% (except for the SatNav failing in the rain but I blame that on Garmin and was replaced under warranty no fuss) so no complaints about reliability.

@Ducati, I will not be upgrading to another MTS until there is some improvement in the gearbox. Your choice of course.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Espresso maker so you can have a hamlet type moment whilst you are waiting for the recovery truck. (Fiat do one apparently )

A 800 version @ 100 brake without all the electronics. Modes traction control sky hook etc in the spirit of the original, but with abs. Basic instruments with clock with clock ambient temperature gauge and realistic seat height and
    Less than £9k so that I can replace my Tiger 800 with something Italian.

16. [​IMG]something Austrian sir?

17. Shit me that is one ugly mofo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. someone under 65

19. Oi! Stil in my 40's....

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. lol.. Sorry bud. You gotta admit though, you're a rarity! Just killin time before warm up. No offence intended :D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information