1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the worst thing you've ever bought for your bike?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by MrAliT, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Dazzers SS has leds
    thinks l ride it in the dark -no one will see oh hang on that wont work :)

2. Worst thing I bought was a Givi magnetic tank bag for my Aprilia Pegaso, 200 yards down the road I discovered it had a plastic tank.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Sat nav bag before I got my Tom Tom ..
    Couldn't see naff in sun naff in rain .. Then it misted up :(

4. Worst item has to be the 'Ducati stem nut tool' for removing the top yoke' essential bit of kit bollocks! (Not needed at all to remove the top yoke) The cheaper versions never seem to fit into the said holes and the Ducati oem versions are equally as shite, have since found a 10p or 50p piece + a set of pliers to be just the ticket. Adapt and overcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. A new pair of dunlop motorsport slicks two weeks ago :frown:

6. Installed a rear view camera , and a screen into the left mirror , that was an expensive heap of shite that is now laid up in a box lost somewhere in the garage .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Most useless thing I've ever bought for a bike was a Meta alarm / imobiliser. Dealer talked me in to it when I bought thge ST4. First one lasted 3 months then killed the entire electric system - as I was overtaking a lorry in the rain - "interesting" few seconds... The dealer replaced it with another one that lasted about another 3 months then just refused to let the bike start one morning. Dealer was a right pain ( they have since gone bust - serves them right ) but the RAC legal department sorted them out. Got the Meta replaced with a Datatool and 12 years later it's still working fine...

8. Aye , just received a new reservoir cover off of e-bay today , what a piece of cheap looking s**t that turned out to be , thats going nowhere near the Duc , straight in the bloody bin with that then !!

9. Having bother with mine :(
    Was working fine then obviously dumped everything :(
    My lovely shiny gold chain rusty :(

Tried to fill it .. Mission impossible ..
    Now it has a mind of its own and not doing its job and I'm baffled :( was great for couple years so what's gone wrong who knows !!!

10. Buy cheap.......buy twice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ducati Performance bike touring luggage! Complete design over function.

Looks good (as good as any bike luggage can that is), fits good - storage shape isn't practical, and weather protection is awful. Zips are made out of poor materials, aren't water resistant and the bag body isn't water proof. No liners provided, and the shower caps they come with aren't wind resistant, tear easy, and have limited fitting usage - the destruction of one was described to me like riding through confetti... Worst investment for the bike! :mad:

12. replacement indicator/mirrors for my 848...the fitment was crap.....
    also see my thread about Chinese Ebay Fairings..

13. which one was it

14. @ Altaian - and the hard lugage isn't any better - Hard cases for ST4 : carefully designed so that a full-face helmet will fit ( just ) but an A4 ring-binder won't ! Perfect example of "form over function"...

15. Italian reflector for my 916. sorry for all those out there that think theyre still cool :) :)

16. Erm... I covered a brand new R1 in cow furr once. Was like wrestling a oiled up bull in the shower when wet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Do you lick windows in your spare time? :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  18. You did what?

On an already surreal day, this piece of info is slightly head and shoulders above the rest for weirdness. Kudos :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Oooh, oooh. I put xxtralube in the same R1 just before a 5 day track event in Jerez. Had a 400 euro new clutch in by day 2.

20. Insurance and Road Fund Licence....................based on the weather

Do Not Sell My Personal Information