1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When It's Time To Give Up Sports Bikes...................

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Coke and hookers...:Wacky:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Just bought my first non sports bike, a 1098S Streetfighter.
    :smileys:

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Id build some kind of naked Pani

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm 61 in May and swapped the 748 last october as I felt the weight was becoming a bit awkward when swinging the leg over - now got Roadtrips 350LC which is 2/3rds the weight of the 748 and the upright riding position is considerably more comfortable

• Like Like x 1
  5. A Tuono for me.
    I was stopped at the tea van outside Sycamore HD in Oakham on good Friday. They have a custom Harley on the turn table in the show room. It is a very cool little bike. It is the first Harley that has ever made me look twice...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I'm nudging 60 very soon and I've just sold my 1979 Dunstall Suzuki GS 1000,my 749,my VT 750 Hardtail Lowrider chopper and a proper sorted,tuned Quadzilla!In last 2years I've gone Type 1 Diabetic,got some fucked up iron overload in my blood called Haemochromotosis that there is no cure for apart from undergoing Venesection ( basically every 2 weeks they drain 1 or 2 pints of blood out of me,put saline fluid back in and let the iron build up and repeat the process - lovely!),5 months ago they diagnosed me with MD (Fucked up muscle wasting shit) and told me I need a heart bypass but maybe only a stent.Oh - and a year ago I went to doctor with "groin strain" and ended up being rushed to hospital on a blue light,Waking up in the morning minus my left bollock! - it was the girlfriends favourite as well.I ride all types of motorbikes in all weather in 3 different countries and I will stop doing it only when I'm dead - some of you make me angry when you talk about giving up sports bikes @ 40/50/60 years old? The only reason I've moved on a few of my bikes is to make a bit of room for my Vincent HRD and my current old school Harley Chopper.FFS guys - a twinge in your back,a stiff neck and a bit of shoulder ache ain't a terminal lid down disease? Stop complaining about natural age related body changes,get the DUKE out from under its tailored race cover and ride it like you just stole it!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
  7. S'funny, I've always had this idea that when I got older I'd get a hankering for a Harley or motorised Bath Chair. Are they really the same thing? Actually, I don't have anything against Harleys, each to their own, but I wonder if I'll ever get that old. I mean, how decrepit will I have to become for a Harley to be the answer. Too decrepit to wave back would seem to be the answer.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. What will I go for? Probably a coffin.

9. When dressing like a power ranger is outlawed

10. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. My name is Andy, I'm 62 and ............ I bought a 1098R a month ago :D. Andy

• Like Like x 7
  12. this is my old man 86 just took my panni up n down the road for a blast..he always has a spin when i buy a new bike :)

IMG_0459.JPG

• Like Like x 15
  14. He's been riding that long he does it with his eyes closed :Wideyed:

15. Oh dear.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hahaha - I fuckin hate HARLEYS and the " weekend warriors" who ride them! I especially detest all the silly clothing they ride the fuckin slow,shit handling,petrol guzzling American Chesterfields in.WTF are they thinking???During the week they are fat sweaty bank managers driving Vauxhall insignias while squeezed into shiny £99 M n S off the peg suits and come Saturday and Sunday they dress up in cheesy leathers,shit kickin boots,snide rapper sunglasses they bought off a man called benson or hedges on last years family beano to Benidorm and wear all these silly badges to impress school kids and scare crusties into thinking they are patched up 1%ers! If any of you actually know (I sincerely hope not?) one of these "plastic Angels" please tell him that he's fooling nobody and we don't give a fuck that you don't wave back at us or acknowledge a friendly nod! I bought the chop in from States cos I burgled it,gonna work my magic on it and find a fat prick who thinks he's Sonny Barger who will try and ride it down pub once,Shit himself and never sling a leg over it again? He will dust Polish the tits off it,Rev it up once a month and bore the granny out of anyone stupid enough to listen to his bollox.I however will be laughing about how I drew £6000 clear cash profit out of an old piece of shit from a fat sweaty bank manager - HARLEYS? - I love em!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Hahaha - that's why people get mugged into giving £16000 for them! Oh and another £4000 for the Freddie Mercury outfit

18. Wtf was he thinking - mind you I bet his pits don't sweat up on a hot day?

19. I was a hefty 23 and a half stone till I won Type 1 Diabetes!Even at 6ft 4" I was a proper porker - I'm 11 st 6lbs now - you should go see the doc and ask how to get it?

• Like Like x 1
  20. This one my mates but one of these image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information