1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Where Has My Rear Brake Gone?!

Discussion in 'Monster' started by firecat0_0, May 16, 2020.

1. I have M1200S - 2014 but no recall for me. What I do is remove rear caliper from its mount and unclip brake hose from swingarm until I can raise it up to a level above vertical cylinder head which is the highest point for rear brake hose then simply bleed. It goes good for 2 years and I think thats reasonable duration for bleeding rear brake.

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you have to keep bleeding it you can get the hoses replaced FOC, it won't show on the system as a recall because it isn't but update is available

3. Has anyone replaced the rear brake hose from the ABS unit with a braided steel hose?

4. Why do Ducati have so many problems with rear brakes, the rear Brembo on my Multistrada was the worst out of opal the bikes I’ve owned and a bugger to bleed…

5. My bike failed it's MOT last year because the rear brake was pathetic. I bled it, which is a bit of a faff to do by yourself, and it passed the MOT but the brake was pathetic again about a week later. I fitted a stahlbus bleeder valve to the rear brake calliper because I figured I'd be bleeding the brake regularly and it makes the job easier - though you still have to unmount the calliper. However, since I fitted it I haven't had to bleed the brake again and it got through the MOT recently without any problems at all.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information