1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Have You Crashed Then?

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Expat Jack, Jul 12, 2024.

1. I’ve just remembered I dropped a bike off a ferry gang plank into an estuary in Goa if that helps.
    Literally had to get the ferry crew to tip the bike up and pour the water out of it.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Shit man really sorry to hear that! You back in the land of OK or laid up?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. If we are adding off road it’s too many to mention from my early days… and did a off road day with Mick Extance in wales with a few mates and, most being competitive and some of us not really having done much proper off roading, I had some fairly sizeable crashes that left me limping and holding by shoulder and neck for a week :joy:

4. Bloody nora
    Glad your in one piece
    Keep healing
    Bikes can be replaced etc

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. On the A49 at onibury just after the train crossing towards craven arms
    Luckily I wasn't run over by the bus following me and the lorry on the opposite side that stopped the traffic giving me space to roll over the road
    Dislocated shoulder fractured other shoulder and dislocated collar bone probably from putting my hands out to stop myself.
    Can remember rolling like being in a washing machine and my visor scraping the floor

Have crashed as a pillion near Pembridge turn hitting gravel. Broken meniscus bumped head butting the kerb after sliding across the road with the bike on my knee
    Rider over handle bars fractured ribs

6. I'd exceed the character limit for a post.....

7. Have been back in Cheltenham two weeks today. Consultant's appointment tomorrow will hopefully know more about what's happening next, how long in orthopaedic boot etc. I'll have to tolerate. It is what it is, not yet looking for replacement, waiting on insurance to assess claim.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  8. 2023-11-11.jpg but if you're going to crash, then do it in front of the track photographer, one of a series of about 15 shots he took

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Eeerrrmmmm,
    The latest one is Cadwell Pk at the msv classic bike in the first session. Testing my newly fixed r1100s, known to friends as Duncan's Broom.
    I ran into a really nice chap called Herbert, Herbert had travelled all the way from Salzburg to race at the weekend event and was using the track day to learn the circuit as he hadn't riden there before.
    His bike wasn't two badly damaged apparently, just the right hand titanium exhaust folded up . I don't know if he raced.
    Luckily for me I was full of adrenaline & jumped on my 900ss and finished the day.
    Bm is almost fixed & looking as rough as my ss,
    I'm not & apparently never have been :)
    The rest,
    Oulton pk ×1
    Anglesey ×2
    Cadwell pk ×Eeerrrmmmm

20240628_103035.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information