1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike Do You Most Regret Selling ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richard H, Dec 26, 2012.

1. You lookin for a 749s?

2. Yamaha RD80 - when you've just stepped of a RD50 it was mental. Dont want to ride one ever again though as my rose tinted glasses may be shattered:wink:

3. I'm looking for a duke full stop!!!! Wanna an rsvr ?????

4. Really like them but will be stickin with my 848

5. I got one :)

6. Personally it's probably my 04 Factory R aprilia or my 05 MV F4. I'm leaning towards the V Twin Ape. That bike was trouble free and solid. A true joy to ride :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. The bike I regret selling most was my '00 Aprilia Mille RSV-R. It was like new, seriously tweaked and had one of those Aprilia Racing (Akra) Titanium Pipes that was so effing LOUD, if I hadn't known the local WOF (MOT) guy it would never have been allowed on the road, the sort of noise that used to scare the bejeezus out of everyone it went flying past. It was a simply a BEAST of a motorcycle - its' character could only be described as ENRAGED - a couple of my mates were actually intimidated by it. Which was funny cos it wasn't that powerful. I 'replaced' it with an '09 Tuono, also with Akras, the same year but, after the Mille, that was such a let down I sold it.

IMG_3608.jpg

Part of the regret was I sold the Mille (traded it privately) for a mint tuned and Ohlinsised GSX-R1000K6, which was a brilliant bike and ridiculously quick, albeit with crap build quality, but which I never bonded with. In the end it was either going to lose me my license or my life, so it had to go. The guy who bought it from me made it 5km from my house before he wrote it off (not his fault, though he was flying).

IMG_0248(2).jpg

At the end of the day I made money on both deals, which was the point, because the money went straight into the custom Ducati building fund (see last pic - still being rebuilt). Which, after $30,000 spent and still going, if I ever have to sell, you will hear my wails of regret all the way from New Zealand.

Ducati 944SS sm.jpg

IMG_3608.jpg

IMG_0248(2).jpg

Ducati 944SS sm.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. For me one of the bikes I regret selling was my 748R, however 8 years after selling it I have been blessed as I was able to purchase an A1 example which was cocooned as part of a collection. Therefore in 2nd place to the Ducati would have to be my Colin Edwards Aprilia RSV'R' Replica of which only 461 were made.

A couple of pictures showing the bike, having a Power Commander fitted and the Carbon Air Box

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seems like quite a few of us have a soft spot for Aprilia Superbikes. They are really damn amazing to ride aren't they? :)

10. Truly agree, great value for money and the Torque is just addictive. :upyeah:

11. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've tasted red only red will do .......... I want my fackin 996 back !!!!!!!

12. Did you not have a yellow one with a Zebra print seat at one point ?

13. We all know Yellow is the best ;)

14. Only as a good primer for a proper colour!!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Probably my 09 R6, completely barking, but standard bike. was great. I miss him!

16. LOL Good one.

17. Yes , I was going through. Glam phase

• Like Like x 1
  18. The bike I most regret selling is my old TL1000S, but it had to go because I'd have ended up in prison if I hadn't sold it. Ohlins rear damper, Maxton front end and some engine work made this bike a proper demon, and after three potentially imprisonable speeding offences in a month, I realised it had to go. I sold it to a mate who rode it three times before selling it on, saying it was too much for him. I owned it for three years - the longest I've ever kept a bike. Sorely missed, but I still have my license, even if it is a bit battle-scarred...

DSC00150.JPG

I sold my ST2 too quickly, too. Great bike, I loved it, but I convinced myself I needed more power and flogged it. Perhaps I should look for an ST4...

DSCN0833.JPG

DSC00150.JPG

DSCN0833.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information