1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike Do You Most Regret Selling ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richard H, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Tart :smile:

2. This one, owned it for nearly 20 years..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Foggy Rep or the 996R which replaced it. Both should have been keepers.

4. KWAK 1100 ZRX Lawson Replica, ART pipe, dyno jetted, k&n filters, Goodridge lines, samco hoses, wide renthal s/f bars, i would set all the car alarms off, and at five 0'clock in a morning i was non too popular. Had to sell or i would have lost my license or dead, total nutter bike.

5. Quite an easy response.....Honda CBX in 1980,my ST4S is probably quicker and much faster,but the CBX was my first Superbike,and the engine was lovely.On the other hand I cannot see myself changing the ST4S unless old age forces me to ride in a different position.

6. first 996[​IMG] 3rd [​IMG] [​IMG] and I let this go because it was a cat c ???????????? wtf was I doing
    [​IMG] but this 996S was the only bike ive ever been comfortable on .....mind you commuting from Salisbury to Barnsley every weekend helped[​IMG]

7. Divorce ended my love affair with some other Itilian classics.
    [​IMG]

#67 simmytt, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. looks like we have been the same route with lambrettas, have many of the same photos from your photo bucket, also had sportsbikes and dirt bikes since 90s , but often browse scootering, but italian 200 silly prices now, kev

9. Nope. Selling that was not wise.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Called in at Riders of Bridgwater on the way home today and saw my old ST4S in the showroom. What a bike. My new Multistrada has got a lot to live up to or I'm off back to buy it back off them!!:eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. whattaahh mistakeaahh to makeaahh

12. Yea the good old days,when i were a lad.I used to do all the scooter rallys in the 80's and have a massive soft spot for Lambrettas,god only knows how we used to ride them for 100's of miles, i struggle to do a 5 mile bimble on one now,yea prices for the 200 now are stupid money.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. It's not a ducati but I regret selling my GSXR1000. I have the 750 now, its a fab bike but not quite the same!

14. Still got mine :upyeah: after 33 years

15. RC30 sold in 1996 for £3.5k prob worth over £10k now, great bike to ride. Also miss my 04 HusabergFS650, wheelie machine and one of the few Bergs that didnt blow up!!

16. Didnt know they ever got that cheap. Missed opportunity.:frown:

17. Every bike I've ever owned & sold! So I don't sell them now, I've got 4 & counting :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  18. I don't get precious about my bikes, but I try to get the best out of them before moving on. There are so many great, cheap bikes out there, and I want to try them all, so I move on quickly. But some bikes stick in the memory more than others - the aforementioned TL and ST2, and the Griso's such a happy bike I can see myself hanging on to that a while. The fuglystrada's already earmarked for departure, but that doesn't mean I don't like it, far from it, it just hasn't gotten under my skin like the others have.

19. Properly the zx10r. If I ever sell the duc I would get on again but in black.

20. I was having a play with a ZX10R one day while out on my old TL. He was a bit shy in traffic and round bends, and I got past him quite easily. But then we hit a dual carriageway - I've never seen a bike to this day that accelerated like that Kwak, I might as well have selected reverse.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information