1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike Do You Most Regret Selling ?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Richard H, Dec 26, 2012.

1. I will have to sell my 750 Manx Triton this year.Last ridden at the start of 2011.I will be very sad to see it go,it's not just a machine,it was my dream!

2. I regret selling my Kawa KH500 simply for the fear factor alone......

...Although I can still remove my brain, I wouldn't ride the KH500 again if anyone paid me to.

It had rocketship acceleration but turned into potty putty in any corner and at high speed despite changing tyres, suspension, fork brace and adding a steering damper.

AL

3. my 99 R1 was motorcycling in every way the rush was like riding something alive

• Like Like x 1
  4. +1 yet I don't regret selling but I do miss her , she was my first big thou

• Like Like x 1
  5. None yet, cuz I've always replaced them with better ones :wink:

6. As a reminder that a bike doesn't have to be quick to be fun, this was my first proper bike, after passing the test in 1991:

[​IMG]

The guys pictured (Chris and Martin) convinced me that an Italian bike would have more street cred. That amused me many times afterwards, as I lay underneath spannering it at the roadside when bits fell off..

Much missed, I'd have another small block Guzzi like a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a V50mk2 many years back. Cracking bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. pics please........and how much just in case someone is interested :smile:

9. My mark 1 Yellow Chopper

yellow chopper.jpg

yellow chopper.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Every one knows that yellow bikes are quicker :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Picture of bike in Album 'Old and new' in the picture gallery.Any serious interest please pm me for addt'nl photos and spec.Bike is original 60's rocker boy bike with lots of period goodies fitted.

12. My Blue S4R.... Boooo hhhhoooooooooooooooooo blubber blubber

13. My old 350LC if only because they are so collectable now. They were two a penny when I sold mine in the late 90's

14. This one[​IMG]it was a fantastic off road bike but I never got chance to use it

.but most of all this one[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. further to my last about my R1 i sold it to a good mate after i had it for 9 years it was mint he gets t boned by a bimbo within a month breaks his leg but worse kills my bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Most fun I've had on a bike was my KTM950SM so I guess that's the one I miss the most (big and lardy SM for you Mr C) I traded her in for a MTS1200 and heard that about a week later whoever bought my SM wrote it off, and my MTS was written off back in July so the hunt is on for something this year

17. My brand new 748.... Couldn't believe a pikey scum bag like me owned such a beautiful machine... Change of personal circumstances forced the sale...Almost wept...:frown:

18. For me every bike sold has had a regret or 2 , as the fact is there is no such as a bad bike its just some are better than others .
    Most regret though is a Rickman Trident i built in 1978 in a garage with only tilly lamps for light . 850 barrels , big carbs , and the 3 into 1 mega system used on the race bikes .

19. My 748SP, sold it in 2009 for £500 more than Riders offered me as a part ex on a Hyper 1100s, very foolishly let it go for £2300 :frown:
    [​IMG]

#100 Welsh, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
Do Not Sell My Personal Information