1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which leathers to buy???

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Barmbyduke, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Lol - that's where I tried mine, then bought them on the internetz for about £100 less.

2. Can't fault spyke, excellent and have lasted 8 years, needs a new zip on jacket but superb all rround now have a set of wolf and so far so good mega comfort and great value plus good protection levels

3. Had a fly off in my T-Age 6 years ago, went off with +100mph after being hit from behind.
    I'm not a small guy, and when i roll, i roll like barrels ;)
    Right shoulder popped out and back in, and the day today, i am glad it was my expensive Dainese. It did its job to A+++, and despite the suit being a collectors item, it saved me.

Most important, make sure, they fit well, and that the protection is right for you.
    If you need leathers with room for hoodies and jeans under, think again. It will reduce the safety of the suit. Armour should not be able to twist around your knee/elbow/shoulder etc - if it can, it will twist your bones until they break.
    You don't wan't that...

I have found, that Dainese is better for lower guys, but Alpinestars better for taller.
    Berik is a great brand too, and for me, a great design. Great for SuperMoto.

4. LOL, reminds me about a trip to Germany in 2008.
    Tried a suit in a Louis-shop, and the guy was really helpful, insisted to take a smaller suit, and as i was looking in the mirro he said "Ja, nicht für tanzen!" (not for dancing)

Yeah, well, maybe he is right :)
    2Moto biker dance - YouTube

Oh yeah, shake that a$$ :D

5. Interesting thread......Any further answers on some of these ..... I know exactly what i want:
    - track days only
    - flexible to move around the bike
    - light weight / perforated - on cold days i just wear a layer over the top
    - good fit for a tall bloke (6'3") no beer gut yet ;-)
    - need to look half decent
    - would prefer no hump (!) seems impossible mind

I've got two piece already for the winter days when we're not cracking on, knee down etc.

Reckoned the Alpinestars Tech 1 looked good - anyone know the difference in spec' vs the Carver suits ? £300 odd less...
    Also not tried RST yet - seem to get all the cred. When you guys mention them, do you mean the Pro or the Tractech?

Could always go Spidi and support Cal ! Although colour clash with red bike...

And where the heck can i go and try them on. I'm in Lincolnshire.

btw Crowtree are very much operating. He has no need to advertise. I rang up and got the pack of info. Looks superb but design is more up to you and they are pretty heavyweight (not what I want).

6. Tried on a number of 1 piece suits at the weekend.

The Dainese Laguna Seca fitted the best and was very comfortable. £799
    The Arlen Ness ones I tried in the same size were a lot bigger on me than the Dainese so there really is a difference in the size/cut. £550
    I also tried on some BKS. There must have been something wrong with the ones i tried on as it cut the insides of my right arm to shreds whilst trying them on. But that aside, the biggest thing I noticed that they were about half the weight of the other two. £650

Do Not Sell My Personal Information