1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why did you choose ducati ???

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Phill, Apr 24, 2013.

1. yellow 998 as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It was an article on the SP3 from fast bikes Sean Emmet that put me on D as my first bike and made sure nothing else was even considered ever since. And at no moment since 1992 was there any doubt whatsover that is was Ducati o niente ! All culminating in what i m doing now .. :) the best i can possibly do. And it plays to all my senses. All of them wether humble or crazy, they do .. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1994 - Wanted something that handled better than my Moto Martin GSX1168, so I consulted a lad I knew who had already owned about 30 bikes before his 25th birthday, and was far quicker than I ever will be.
    He suggested a 900SS so I went and bought a nice 1 year old one.
    Couldn't quite run to an 888 at the time, wish I had been able to.
    Although I wouldn't swap my 916SPS for one, the 888 is what I would like next.

4. Cuz I'm flipping loaded :biggrin:

5. Yes, I quite often get the feeling I don't belong here...

• Like Like x 2
  6. You still here, fig?

• Like Like x 1
  7. The marketing machine

8. Just peering through the window:frown:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I suddenly got this compulsive and irresistable urge to spend obscene amounts of my hard earned money on things I couldn't afford and didn't really need and so I had to get something to put them on. "Buy a Ducati" simples.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. or a Triumph now and then :wink:

11. :smile:

12. Because of the sound ... simples :biggrin:

Stu

13. Early bike ownership included mainly 2 strokes my favourite was my full power Cagiva Mito.
    Holiday's further afield made the need for a larger bike more neccessary so I bought a mates GSXR750m which I ran for 2 yrs, I crashed into a ditch in Isle of Man and the gearbox fell apart on way back so I scrapped it and bought a new GSXR 600 K4........This was the bike that prompted my ducati purchase.

A trip to Le Mans on the K4 was the start of the trouble, every 100miles or so I kept getting really bad numb palms during riding which made it impossible to enjoy a ride of any distance.
    on return noticed a mint 900ssie with 2000 miles on the clock in the local dealers so took the plunge and took it out for a test ride.
    Spent the next week mulling it over as i liked everything about the Suzuki apart from the pain and the Ducati had a few minus points like crap lights, higher service costs and it looked a bit dated by comparison.
    But the feedback from the ride and the noise won me over and I have now had my Ducati for 6 years now and not looked back.

14. I fancied a Ducati since I first visited the IOM TT in '89, but there has never been a model that I felt was really 'me'.

Until now :upyeah:

15. Heard an interesting quote today.

"If you can park your car/bike and walk away without an admiring glance back at it, you bought the wrong one."

• Like Like x 2
  16. After a string of Yamaha R6s and lastly an R1 I took a Hyper for a demo ride - hooked straight away and have never looked back, best fun on a bike I've had.

17. I guess i grew up around Ducati's as my old man own's a Bevel :smile:

18. Totally true. However, if you try to get that feeling based on looks alone you'll be disappointed (just like life really). I bought my Griso for the feel-good effect it would/should bring and because it's such a good-looking bike. But the truth is the fuglystrada's way more fun to ride.

19. Because I wanted one. It's the only bike I've ever wanted.

20. I have got to say I love the thunderous rumble of a big sports twin.
    back when I had my TLR that sounded lovely but the 999 aces that for noise.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information