1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Worth The Wait??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Expat Jack, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Wet weekend and today so no more rides :(
    But, added an old DP fuel cap taken off the Pani R which I think looks ace - why the Rizoma ones have a plastic key is beyond me. Defeats the purpose surely?

67580505-3FBA-4670-BBBF-37C54E77396C.jpeg 43A00DDE-991D-459E-A892-DB1A3BC6B7D2.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. told you mate it was a no brainer... ill pop over for another fondle when i bring your ramp back my lovely

• Like Like x 1
  3. :p
    Sounds like a date night :D
    Looking forward to the thread in 9 months time:p

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Another wet day, another part added off the departed Pani R.
    Right hand fairings off to get to the bolts under the plastic clutch cover. Took me ages to get the fairings back on properly this time. Probably an hour just to get them on. As ever, key is not to force any fixings. If it doesn’t go in something is out of alignment. Easy to say, less easy in practice but got there in the end with everything fitting properly.
    What a faff!
    A few pics for you.

4A82E2A3-4985-4610-A6E8-E2FF3477375E.jpeg 231DDF2E-C150-4C86-8C6B-9FCBBC67F93C.jpeg 32F2FEBF-146F-4D24-819E-E7232130AE6A.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Is that a Z1?

6. Que?

7. I’ll obviously bow to the collective massive Ducati knowledge .. maybe you should cut the insulting shoit and take a look at the make up of that bike ..
    and just remind me what year Troy Bayliss rode it?
    btw I couldn’t give two hoots about your thoughts either

8. You know i’m not so sure that enhances the look of this bike.

It might be just that particular picture because of the lighting and restricted room in the garage.

But the colour scheme on this bike has already got an awful lot going on so I think you are going to have to be really careful not to upset the balance of the design.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Constructive which I like.
    I am desperate not to upset the balance and every item added is being careful considered. Personally, I think the half moon cover ties in with the carbon end can and heel guards. They are all DP products and the clutch cover is available as an extra for this model (I just happened to have one already). I like it but appreciate its not for all (but thank god it’s not a Ducabike clear clutch cover :dizzy: ).
    I will continue to agonise over each and every change I make.
    What do you think of the fuel cap? I agonised over that too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. This:

47A5E0E5-1AD2-430E-8918-F8E4DC510D42.png

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. It’s not easy to gauge is it?
    Different lighting and different angles change the way things look - natural light is best but hard to come by this time of year!

I think my slight doubt comes from the reflection making it look like there’s a white line on the cover.

Fuel cap works I think - black tank protector balances it out.

I think less is more with a bike that’s already got a strong colour scheme. The plain bikes are easier to accessorise as long as you stay away from anodised tat then a bit of Ducati Carbon here and there enhances the look. There’s always that tipping point where you step back though and realise that while individually each mod looks good, put them all on one bike and it’s too much.

But if course - part of the fun is to buy stuff for the bike! :grinning:

I reckon you could get away with rearsets as long as they were silver. Ducati performance levers. Carbon heat shield……… Some nice wheels…………full akra

12. Or………

Now hear me out - before you spend 10k on upgrades. :grinning:

2016FE8D-C0F3-44B2-840A-A59A64702ED2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Spider billet rearsets (silver) and Oz Gass Titanium wheels. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. What do caliper spacers do if you don't mind me asking?

15. Allow you to remove or fit a reflector.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Pleased with the exhaust? I'm considering the same for my SP2. Have you had it on a dyno before and after?

17. Fitting the reflectors to the caliper spacers is for convenience, the caliper spacers do just that, stand off the caliper so you can use 330mm diameter discs. Removing the spacer lets you fit 320mm discs which are a standard race size. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. That's interesting. Is that done primarily to reduce weight or are there certain choices of brake components that are preferred for race use and designed for that size?

19. The 320mm discs I fitted to my Panigale V4 for track days were 6mm thick whereas OE road discs tend to be 5mm (although I have seen some at 5.5mm). Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information