1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V2 Worth The Wait??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Expat Jack, Oct 30, 2022.

1. So the differences are related to managing heat? Thicker would be heavier so they reduce size to also manage weight?

2. The V2 runs 320 discs as standard. The V4 spacers are fitted between the calliper and fork bottom whereas the v2 spacer is between the calliper and calliper bolt head. So, on the v2 the bottom spacer is to allow a reflector to be fitted to the top bolt. Upon further thought, I agree with an earlier post in that fitting 5mm shorter bolts would allow you to dispense with the spacers (on the v2).
    Sorry for the slightly slow response. I’ve been out riding :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Me too; riding that is.

• Like Like x 1
  4. It’s the law when it’s this nice in November. I think I will have it run in by the end of the weekend as it’s looking good right up until Sunday. :sun:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Then Chuck some ti caliper bolts the right size in there

6. or the 330 discs it was all designed for....

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Why have you parked in a puddle? Glorious dawwwn sarrrrf.

8. Space the calipers

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. I was thirsty :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. It’s two weeks old today. To celebrate the mileometer clicked 620. So it’s officially run in :party::party:

1D3EC238-2FE5-40EA-BA62-85F57E94FDC7.jpeg

Not a bad effort for November. Now to get it booked in at some stage for its first service and cover her up for winter. The BMW has heated grips after all. :punch:

• Like Like x 5
  11. I’ve never tried drinking through my feet, but will give that a try.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Northerners have gills in their feets...:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Biot is from East Anglia - he has webbed feet :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  14. Throttle spacers off Pani R fitted this morning. Took all of 5 minutes. Bit bored now :expressionless:
    Better go walk the dogs. :)
    0433CD8D-69A7-4070-A60E-BB1F0E4759B4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. *cough* mine needs sorting *cough*

:D:D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. Had the first service done by the good fellas at Moto Rapido last week. So now officially able to give it some stick. With the weather and weekend rugby getting in the way today has been my first chance for a ride since.
    Dry but cold and dampish roads. It is a revvy little bugger. Can’t wait until spring when I can give it some proper stick. Today will be its last outing before March (salt etc).
    Also got the ‘proper’ TWM DP levers on (not those Rizoma ones o_O) from the Pani R, plus a Full Six tail hump thingy. Taking shape now.
    EB73EC62-C47C-40E2-8ACE-EC6B059EFB4D.jpeg 8B070B23-D11A-41CA-8BA5-D165A12784C0.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  17. Have you had enough miles to compare it to the 959 properly yet?

You are getting so much experience on different bikes you should start writing up tests!

18. I have had a few. Must tot them up sometime. EDIT. 15.25 in the last 5 years I think. Might have missed one or two o_O

Not really able to make a true comparison however the suspension as standard is much plusher on the v2 (it has obviously got Ohlins and the rear on the 959 wasn’t great).

I put the 959 into track trim pretty quickly after getting it including a KTech rear and once it was properly set up by Colin at 100% on track it was really planted. The v2 feels planted already.

#139 Expat Jack, Nov 22, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. So aside from the higher specification of the Bayliss it’s too early to properly comment on slight differences in power delivery and geometry?

I know they are very similar bikes as the V2 is an evolution rather than a completely new bike the way the V4 was to the 1299 but I would be interested to know first hand if you could tell the difference on the road ‘blindfolded’. (yes I know this would be a very short test but maybe Richard Hammond would be up for it :thinkingface:)

I sat on one at the show and it felt very familiar to the 959. When it came out I adjusted the geometry of my 959 to match the specs so it all felt the same from that respect.

The colour TFT screen is infinitely better - they had them switched on in demo mode at the show - definitely makes the latest bikes feel cutting edge and dates the older models.

Riding home in the dark had me thinking - I assume these new dashes have some form of night mode to stop the bright display from blinding you?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information