1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would You Buy A Bike "sight Unseen?"

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Pierre 66, Jul 11, 2017.

1. I know someone who didn't bother doing the relevant checks on a ZX10R. All was fine until I was changing his screen (he's so mechanically inept, I even changed his screen for him) and noticed the paint was a different colour underneath a chip under a screw. Quick check revealed he'd bought a CatD for perfect money... Doh!

2. As above bought several bikes sight unseen via adverts, mostly eBay. Never had a problem with any of them and they were at least what I expected them to be or in some cases much better!!!

3. That's a good point. I would only buy a good bike, like strong money or lots cash, from a dealer. Whereas my gixer was 5-1000 under strong money and was trackday bike money so wasn't too concerned about its status

4. I've a top shelf plasma cutter, 800mm core drill and a concrete chainsaw.... all based on Tramadole night internet shopping.
    Surprised the old bill didn't turn up at mine following the Hatton Garden job.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 848 street fighter and a 796 both were as good as gold but you must do a HPI at the very least

Worried the hell out of me till I,d got it home but would prob do it again

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I've bought and sold unseen , you know when it's right / genuine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Out of my four current bikes, three were unseen due to distance. Granted the Benelli was new from the dealership, so there was no risk as such but the Ducati and FZR were purchased based on a few dubious photos. Both turned out to be great purchases.

8. Ray Charles bought a piano once sight unseen . When asked if he was worried, he said " Nah, I just played it by ear"

9. I bought my GSXR1000K5 unseen but from a dealer in Peterborough - paid for it on the Saturday afternoon over the phone and it was delivered to me in Holmfirth on the Sunday. One of the best bikes I've ever had.

10. I've bought and sold many bikes without seeing them. I must have sold 4 bikes not seen, in fact they all paid me up front via bank transfer then collected a week later.

As already said if the advert covers everything you want to know, good photos and the bike is priced right then yeah, why not.

I've always been pleased with the bikes I've bought unseen, sometimes when you go to view you look more closely and at everything not always relevant and you talk yourself out of buying it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information