1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your forum name why?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Freak, Oct 19, 2012.

1. I was called cooknick by a bloke I used to work with who we then named gymtom so I'll stick to no Y and it rolls off the tongue better without :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. I lived in Essex for 20 years, and then in Somerset for 20+ years, and have developed the worst accent ever.

Arf sarnds like summat out of Eastenders, and the other half like Worzel Gummidge!

One of my old ship-mates used to take the piss every woken minute, and he gave me the name. I've used it ever-since :upyeah:

3. Were you based in yeovilton? My dad was based there for years we used to live in Wincanton

4. Yes, spent many years based at Yeovilton :smile: When did your Dad leave there?

Wincanton is a top place - my Bestest-Biking-Buddy lives there (he was also based at Yeovilton) and it's got the best Indian Restaurant I've ever been to!!!!!

5. Roughly About 20 years ago but then he ran the garage on camp there for years after he retired....rocket Ron he was known as ? Do you know him? He served gulf war as his last tour on HMS Argos, after leaving the garage he went to work for westland helicopters - he is now living in Cyprus!

The Indian restaurant is that the one that's on the High street just before the post office? Opposite red lion pub??

6. Blimey - small world! I remember Rocket Ron! He once helped me do some work on a tired old Astra I had :upyeah: My mate from Wincanton will probably know him as we'll, as he was the treasurer for the car club for a few years!

I hope he's enjoying life in Cyprus.

The Indian - yep, that's the one! Many an outstanding meal enjoyed in/from there!

7. Ha ha yep it is a small world!! You'll have to let me know your name and ill mention you to him!! Yeah he is loving Cyprus he sold his cottage in holton and took the leap it's great for him especially health wise too, he runs everyday and swims about a mile in the sea too, hes looking well and fit, we have just come back from two weeks with him and his girlfriend Julia. Agree with you on the Indian had a few meals there also used to get out Chinese take out from lotus kitchen! Dads flying back here on Tuesday for a wedding then back to Cyprus then he's back again for Christmas and doing his family visits!

8. Lotus house even!

9. ex mother in law still calls me it, lovely don't you think :wink:

10. I used to work as a shift manager in a restaurant. We were often understaffed which meant that sorting the restaurant after closing was taking ages. Someone plugged their iPod to restaurant speakers and put Top Gun soundtrack on. It then became a tradition to always do it on a close, staff members were given Top Gun nicknames and that's how I became Iceman :smile: ... even though I don't resemble him in any way :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Boooooo..........I thought you were an ice cream man :frown:

12. Uuuummmmmm ??? :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Something to do with Australia?

/run away

• Like Like x 2
  14. Sorry to disappoint :wink:

15. Name is Jim Valentine, ride a vee twin hence Jim Vee

16. An old Italian couple, who called themselves "The Biscardi's", allways called me Cyrus. So it just stuck.

17. Wa that just totally random?

Might they have called you Leonard, or Mustafa?
    Or was there some reason for you becoming a Cyrus?

My CD players's a Cyrus. They didn't have a hi-fi fetish or something?

18. Because Noddy's best friend and I have something in common. My son gave me this user name when we first bought a computer and he was setting up my ebay account many years ago. He did it as a joke but I actually liked it.

19. what about Baylissozzynob ?

20. I more disappointed that you don't actually resemble Val Kilmer!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information