1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Radiator In Ducati 848

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Safor, Sep 22, 2014.

1. Hello Guys

so 2 days ago i went for a ride and i notice got leak from my radiator i tak off my panales out and the radiator is no damage no where by something so i found place where is leaking is on the left side of radaiator on the top the radiator is wet on this place. so the radiator is unsealing in this place. My friend told me the ducati 848 and 1098 had manufacture problem with radiators. I'm not really shure if its true, maybe someone of you guys had this problem??
    sorry for my writing is not really good.
    Thx for help

#1 Safor, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. Is it the cap?

3. no is ont the site where 2 hoses are conected with radiator

4. It's a common problem, should be replaced under warranty..... or if your bike is out of warranty they are usually repairable

5. the bike is out of warranty is 2008 model

6. ok, I would still look at repairing yours, then it's fixed, a replacement might develop the same problem

7. ahh ok u know someone who can repair ?

• Like Like x 1
  8. thx I will ring to them tomorrow

9. how many miles has the bike done?

Even if out of warranty as it was a know fault recognised by the manufacturer and recalled as such you should be able to go to the dealer and in the first instance ask for goodwill on the bike and free replacement of the part.

If the dealer doesn't want to play ball - which they wont as they are filthy sharks, then approach Ducati Uk. Your bike should have been repaired if it was a recall, and irrespective of its age that repair should have been actioned.

If its a know fault that has or was subject to recall the manufacturer under EU law is required to fulfill irrespective of age :) Dealers don't like it when you quote that bit!

10. Was there ever a formal recall for the radiators? Not sure about that

11. sorry I misread your post - I thought by the jist of the thread they were recalled.
    However if it's a known common problem the goodwill argument still stands - the acid test is if the part was replaced without argument under warranty, as if it was you cna be sure there's a tech document to that effect - telling dealers not to argue the toss and just change it.

you're still within the seven year window for making a nuisance of yourself, especially if you cna back it up by a dealer service history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. well i got this bike around 6 months and before nothing happen the motorbike is done with 9000 miles the radiator is in very good condition is no damage nothing i will contact ducati uk and ask them

13. Try your local Ducati dealer first, has the bike been fully serviced?

14. yes is fully serviced im going to ring them tomorrow cause they close at 5 pm

15. I think @Sev is right and there can't be any argument that it's a known issue so well worth asking them before anything else

16. Recall rad 1098 series thread?

17. Too many hats..

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mine was replaced out of warrenty dealers were spot on! Known fault. New radiators dont have the same issue

Do Not Sell My Personal Information