1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metzeler Sportech M7rr

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by MHR50, May 28, 2014.

1. Hi,

I'm thinking about fitting Metzeler Sportech M7RR's to my Multistrada. Anyone tried them out yet? I appreciate they're fairly new on the market but I'm hoping someone might already have them fitted and be able to give an opinion on how they perform.

Thanks.

2. I'm having them fitted to my K1300S in about 2 days time to replace the Metz Z8 M/Os which are great in the wet and general road riding/commuting/cruising. However, I'm looking for slightly better responsiveness and dry grip, although this will come at the expense of mileage - so the M7RRs should be ideal.
    Chris at FWR is running them at the moment and he has only praise for them.
    The M7RRs recently came out top in a German road sportstyre test with Michelin Pilot POWER 3s a tied 1st place.

Motorradreifen-Test: Metzeler M7 RR rollt an die Spitze - Praxistest - Service

3. Thanks.
    I'm about to do a short trip to Europe and considered the Z8's as they seem to get good reviews, but I'll only be doing about 2000 miles abroad and once I'm home most of my riding will be on open country roads. I like to have a bit of fun and enjoy the bike's performance, so I'm happy to trade mileage for grip.
    I intend to have them fitted just before my trip away and will only scrub them in before leaving so they should last the trip without any problems.

4. I'm expecting the M7RRs to only last 4-4.5k miles. This is based on mileage reported with the M5 on similar power/torque/weight bikes, and Metzeler's claims of 20% better life.

5. I've had a pair of M7RR's fitted to the Multi today, so once I've done a few miles on them I'll let everyone know how they perform.

6. i had them fitted to my 1098 last week, done about 200 miles and currently happy with them

7. I cantr stress enough, t30'S....

8. Just a quick update on the M7RR's as promised........... I've now done just over 2000 miles on them and I'm really impressed. They warm up quickly and grip well in all weather conditions which inspires confidence. They coped really well during my European trip, handling everything including high speed miles on the autobahns, a couple of fast days on the B500 in Bavaria in scorching temperatures and a few hours of torrential rain on steep twisting mountain passes. I've never had them slide or step out once and the good news is they've still got plenty of tread left on them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. May look at them at some stage...worht a go. Wonder would they do on the 1200 tenere....

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  10. I've already raved about these tyres elsewhere on here but they really are superb! I can barely describe just how good I find them. They give me so much confidence it's transformed my riding in only a week. I've always been a little nervous of the 848 as it cost so much to buy but now I have really clicked with it. I've yet to try them in the wet but looking at the forecast that will happen on my 130 mile jaunt home tomorrow and then they'll get track time on Friday night.

Was out again last night and the grip is just phenomenal. Love them! :)

11. any one had to adjust their t.c after changing brands?

12. Nice one Andy

It sounds to me like these m7's are similar to the t30's I have on my 848....

13. I'm not sure... the M7RRs are definitely sports tyres but all-weather capable (according to the internet at least!) but they seem to be more real world than the likes of the Supercorsas or more track-biased tyres. I'm able to really push myself on these and am going a lot faster on the road now than I've ever done on the 848.

Have heard that they work well on track too but I'll find out on Friday I guess!

14. I've got a set going on my 1098 SF next week. I used to run Z8's on my Speed Triple and they were brilliant tyres. Never took them on a track but could absolutely nail the bike on the road and they were impeccable, never threatened to lose grip and rolled beautifully smoothly into bends like the bike was on a gimbal.
    Nearly got them again but with the SF's extra grunt and top end I though I'd try the slightly stickier M7's. Same price, slightly less mileage from them. May have talked myself into a less durable tyre for no advantage, we'll see. Interesting to see how they compare.

15. Let us know how it goes. :)

16. I have a set on panigale, not as much front end feel as corsa's, but good in wet compared to corsas. I think they are okay, wouldn't rave about them..

17. What pressures are best to run the M7RRs for fast road?

18. I swapped out my Z8s for the M7RRs, burned through the M7RRs, and have put the Z8s back on. The Z8s have a slower turning carcass profile, are even grippier in the wet, but do not have the same level of dry grip as the M7RRs - by a noticeable margin IF you run the tyres hard and to the edge. That being said, the Z8s promise mileage the M7RRs do not. I use the Z8s as my commuting/general road use tyre.

19. I was advised to run 2.1bar front and 2.0bar rear and it's working for me. Fast road and trackday use seem fine with these pressures.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information