1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions

Discussion in 'D16 Desmosedici RR' started by uk_biker, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Thinking of buying a RR but after reading the threads it seems that no one uses this bike as a daily ride, why is this?
    Is the RR just too expensive to run ? Are owners just scared about loosing value by putting miles on it ?
    Are the later build numbers the better ones and why ? The return spring upgrade is a must do ?
    Any more info for a potential buyer would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. There is a thread on here of a forum member doing 8000 miles last year on his D16.
    Welcome anyhoo, are you in the US or just on a US server?

3. Yep - Here

I don't use mine as a daily ride and don't know anybody that does. In fact, I don't use it much at all as you can't really stop anywhere and I prefer to go under the radar. They aren't the fire breathing monster everybody thinks they are, in fact they are very docile until you wind it on a bit, then all hell breaks loose. Nothing sounds like one with a GP7 exhaust. They are also one of the most comfortable sports bikes I've owned. When you have a look around one, you can see where the money went, they are a bit special.

Big services can be expensive, but I've had the normal ones done very reasonably. Big services on most Ducati Superbikes can be expensive anyway.

Apparently yoke numbers over 1000 have had a number of isses sorted, including the return springs iirc.

16" rear wheel mens you have to use the Bridgestone tyre made for the bike. Some owners convert to a 17" rear wheel from the 999R or carbon jobbies to give better tyre options.

4. im just trying to justify spending 40k+ on a bike because i will be riding it, Dont want tobe worrying about putting any amount of miles onit because of the expense of servicing it. Brought a 999 in Jan and already have put 6k on it. I did read the post from Dave and thats why i asked the Question, doing 8000 miles so he didnt have to pay for the 15k service, How much is that service?

5. There has been mention of a service in the eu costing a lot, circa £20k. I thought it was mentioned in the thread regarding Dave's bike? If you are worried about service costs then it's probably not for you?
    Spend £40k on say a bike with 5000 miles, put 15000 miles on it in a couple of years, it will de value say £10k. (Not taking into account any further potential rise in value which may or may not happen).
    I would budget to loose £10k in value and £10k for running and servicing costs over 2 years and keep your fingers crossed.
    But personally if I was in your position I would go for an ex Private team WSB Panigale on a day time mot for similar money :)

6. I did see that in Daves post but thought it was a mistype , 20K !!!!
    So it is a bike that you park in the living room and just look at.
    Thanks for the info guys ,would love to own one but may look for a alternative

Do Not Sell My Personal Information